10 STEPS TO CREATING & DELIVERING A GREAT THANKSGIVING BASKET
Step 1: Gather your family and friends. Be sure to involve the kids – this is a great teaching moment!
Step 2: Go shopping. Here are some suggested items. **Do not include perishable items in your basket**
- 1 Laundry Basket
- $20 Gift card for a turkey or ham or other perishable food. (Walmart)
- 1 Baking/Roasting Pan
- Boxed Macaroni & Cheese
- Boxed Stuffing Mix
- Boxed Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Cranberries or Cranberry Sauce
- Can or Packet of Gravy Mix
- Green Bean Casserole: Canned Green Beans, Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup, Canned Dried Onion Strings
- Dessert – Pre-made Pumpkin or Pecan Pie, Cookies, etc.
Step 3: Add your special touches: Cards (Sign From a Friend), Your favorite snacks, Coloring Books, Crayons, etc…
Step 4: Decorate your basket! Have fun & be creative.
Step 5: Show up at the Cedar Springs Boys & Girls Club (4440 Brown St. Dallas Texas) on delivery day with your basket.
Step 6: Spend time with like-minded people.
Step 7: Meet someone new.
Step 8: If you are able to, pick up the name and address of a family or families for your basket delivery.
Step 9: Deliver your basket(s).
Step 10: Be Grateful & CELEBRATE!!!!